Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Technician to join our team in Bredbury, Manchester.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as an Apprentice Technician, you will learn to calibrate a wide range of measuring instrumentation including adjustment and repair. You will be required to perform in accordance with our Quality System and Company Procedures that are externally audited to ISO9001 and ISO17025 by BSI and UKAS. You will also maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing our internal management systems.
On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Attending our Yateley Laboratories for on job training on a daily basis when not at college.
- Performing laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and organised manner.
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Trescal Quality Manager within the Trescal facility.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with Company Health and Safety procedures and policies.
- Attend college as required in term time.
Our ideal Apprentice Technician
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including English and Maths at grade 4 or higher.
- PC literacy and knowledge in Windows-based software.
- Positive attitude with a passion to learn and grow.
- Preferably experience of working within a customer focused environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as an Apprentice Technician you will be offered a highly competitive starting salary from £15,500 which increases on an annual basis in line with our Apprentice pay structure. 25 days holiday, life assurance, Medical health Cash Plan and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, restaurants, cinema, theme parks and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. There is a career path to becoming a Calibration Engineer following the completion of an Apprenticeship.