Pyrometry Calibration Engineer
Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pyrometry Calibration Engineer based at our client’s site in Banbury.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Pyrometry Calibration Engineer, you will be responsible for calibrating measuring instrumentation used in Customer NadCap accredited processes in accordance with ISO 9001, Company Procedures, NadCap regulations and recognised specifications.
Your key tasks will include:
- Perform calibration of customer equipment using approved procedures and good Metrology practice. Calibrating measuring instrumentation on a customer site to traceable and accredited standards.
- Ensure all certificates and records are completed accurately; check completion dates and worksheet instructions to ensure work is completed on time.
- Participate in NadCap, customer surveillance and accreditation audits.
- Maintain the availability of the Laboratory standards as dictated by the Head of Laboratory or equivalent.
- Perform internal cross comparison audits within the Laboratory.
- Produce and audit calibration procedures for use within the Laboratory for customer calibration.
- Develop measurement uncertainty budgets for customer calibrations.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with Company Health and Safety procedures and policies.
- Provide technical support to colleagues on request in line with capability.
- Additional reasonable duties as required by the role and Career Level.
- Work unsupervised to approved calibration procedures and uncertainty budgets.
- Understand and utilise calibration procedures and have a good understanding of the importance and application of the AMS2750 standard in calibration.
- Meet all guidelines, as laid down by the latest AMS 2750 standard.
- Sign certificates in the agreed area of expertise.
- Maintain and produce accurate calibration records enabling the production of calibration certificates
Our ideal NADCAP Calibration Engineer
- Ideally a technical qualification such as HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above.
- Good understanding of calibration practices and theories.
- Have attended the PRI AMS 2750 Pyrometry course, is a bonus but not essential.
- An understanding of the different thermocouples types, cable types, cold junctions and connectors.
- Comprehensive understanding of Windows-based (Excel and Word) and laboratory automation software.
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment.
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a Pyrometry Calibration Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, Medical Health Cash Plan and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, restaurants, cinema, theme parks and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer ongoing development, training courses and opportunities to gain external qualifications.