Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principle Metrology Engineer based at a customer site in Broughton.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Principle Metrology Engineer, you will be responsible for leading a team to ensuring all metrology activities are carried out efficiently and to the highest standards. A successful candidates will have to demonstrate strong management, organisational and motivation skills. The role will be based on a 70/30 split carrying out general inspections and effective day to day operations.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Day to day liaison with the customer and effective day to day operations
- Producing weekly/monthly reports – commercial tracker
- Control of the facilities and equipment. – tests standards in date – tracker calibrations/scale bars.
- Implementation and maintenance of all Health, Safety and Environmental processes.
- Support Operations manager on quality audits with customers when required.
- Enforcement of Safe Working Practices.
- Day to day local staff management and workload control.
- Managing and meeting customer requirements (turn-round times etc)
- Assist the Operations Manager with monthly reporting
- Review ad-hoc pipeline on a 1 week basis and feedback to operations manager.
- Registration and participation in any customer specific complaints and anomalies/investigations.
- A reasonable amount of travel will be expected to support our service level agreement with Airbus for our Aircraft Inspection service.
Our ideal Principle Metrology Engineer
- Minimum +3 years working on laser trackers and relevant software (Spatial Analyser).
- Experience working on Aircraft and good understanding of aircraft terminology.
- Previous experience in Jig/Tool recertification would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills, both in person and in writing.
- A clear and inspirational leader with a strong sense of direction.
- Excellent IT skills are essential to this role as is knowledge of the customer.
- Experience of working within a Customer focused environment.
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a Principle Metrology Engineer you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, Medical Health Cash Plan and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, restaurants, cinema, theme parks and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer ongoing development, training courses and opportunities to gain external qualifications.
Interested in joining the team?
If you have the skills and experience to excel as a Principle Metrology Engineer, submit your CV by clicking apply and emailing it to email@example.com .